Vitamin injection has gained popularity over the past few years as a regimen-must have as it promises many benefits in maintaining health and fighting illness. Receiving vitamins through an IV allegedly allows the nutrients to bypass the digestive system for a quicker shot of vitality. This means that higher levels of vitamins and minerals in the bloodstream lead to greater uptake into cells.
How Do Vitamin Injections Work?
Intravenously, vitamin injections allow various critical nutrients to be administered to the body. The vitamins and other essential nutrients bypass the digestive system when they are delivered directly into the bloodstream, where many nutrients get lost and are not absorbed. That said, vitamin injections, nutrients, and minerals can go to work, instantly replenishing and revitalizing the body and organs from the inside out.
Since the nutrients can bypass the digestive system, people can be assured that they receive their bodies’ nutrients. Because of this, there are no essential vitamins or minerals that are being overlooked in the diet. Moreover, this process becomes beneficial for those experiencing digestive complications or irregularities, who may struggle with the natural absorption of certain vitamins and nutrients.
Additionally, intravenous vitamin therapy allows more significant quantities of vitamins to enter the system than can be safely tolerated orally. Its concentration gradient allows the vitamins and nutrients to be absorbed rapidly and efficiently and to transfer nutrients directly into the cells, yielding optimal results.
What Are The Benefits Of Vitamin Injections?
- Bypass absorption ultimately makes them immediately 100% bioavailable.
- The high concentrations of nourishing vitamins are delivered, unattainable with the oral route.
- It’s almost painless with a special freezing skin spray employed by medical clinics.
- Although it’s more expensive, it is typically worth it for those who have symptoms of vitamin deficiencies, including headaches, weight gain, fatigue, frequent infections, dry blemished skin, brittle hair and nails, and more.
- It can have an immediate impact on health, just like the urgent care of functional medicine.
What Are The Different Types Of Vitamin Injections?
An individual can receive various formulations of vitamins depending on their needs.
Vitamin C is popularly used to treat skin issues like acne, hyperpigmentation, dark spots, and fine lines. It is naturally found in the epidermis (the topmost layer of the skin). Even the inner layers of the skin contain this ingredient.
Specifically, Vitamin C offers the following benefits:
- Synthesizes collagen, an essential protein
- Heals wounds
- Repairs and maintains cartilage, bones, and teeth
- Functions as an antioxidant, meaning it neutralizes free radicals—unstable molecules that can damage cells at the genetic level
The maturation and creation of red blood cells are dependent on vitamin B12. It also contributes to the maintenance of nerve cells and the synthesis of DNA. Vitamin B12 deficiency may cause several health problems, such as muscle weakness, numbness, leg stiffness, memory loss, and depression.
Thus, the injections of Vitamin B12 offer the following benefits:
- Enhances the immunity system
- Enhances the health of the skin, hair, and nails
- It helps slow down the aging process
- It helps to improve sleep
- Helps with concentration
- Boosts mood or helps with mood swings
- Helps enhance energy
- Reduces fatigue
- Increases the metabolism
The human body can activate Vitamin D from sunlight, but due to modern working and living conditions, many people do not absorb or take insufficient vitamin D, making supplementation necessary. Additionally, Vitamin D regulates over 500 biochemical pathways in the human body, including the immune system, gut health, and endocrine system (hormones). In fact, all three of those systems share an extraordinary and close relationship between anti-aging and maintaining a youthful and vibrant appearance.
That said, the injections of Vitamin D offer benefits that include:
- Strong Bones – Because vitamin D helps the body absorb calcium, it protects against brittle, weak bones, which can cause osteoporosis.
- Heart Health
- Elevates Mood
It is a strong antioxidant with additional anti-melanogenic properties and has recently become the most popular “systemic skin lightening molecule.” The most controversial and popular route of administration of glutathione for skin lightening has been intravenous (IV). In fact, glutathione is purported to reverse the aging process, prevent cancer, and preserve memory.
In addition to being an antioxidant, glutathione also plays a part in the body:
- Metabolism of toxins and cancer-causing substances
- Natural creation and repair of DNA
- Production of protein and prostaglandin, a compound with hormone-like effects
- Activation of enzymes
It is an injection of non-essential amino acids and B-complex vitamins that supports weight loss, liver function, detoxification, and regulates body metabolism. This injection can potentially boost energy and vitality and aid in detoxification and elimination of toxins. The nutrients it contains help promote ATP production (critical for all cells in the body).
In addition to diet and exercise, MIC Complex injections promote weight loss. Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) or the winter blues can be relieved with MIC Super B. Regular Mic B injections may benefit athletes, those who exercise frequently, and those suffering from prolonged stress and anxiety.
Hence, the injections of MIC Complex offer benefits that include:
- Weight Loss (when used in conjunction with medical supervision)
- It helps break down artery fat and prevent cholesterol buildup
- Improves fat and carbohydrate metabolism
- It helps eliminate abnormal fat deposits
- Oxygenates muscle tissues to boost performance
- Reduces anxiety and stress by improving nervous system resilience
- Supports liver function, detoxification, and metabolism
What Are The Possible Side Effects Of Vitamin Injections?
In general, vitamin injections didn’t come without the potential risks. Usually, the risks associated with the infusion include blood clots, inflammation, and vein irritation, which could be painful. This method has to be performed by a trained medical professional as it also introduces air embolisms through an IV line, which could cause a stroke.
Aside from that, if the infusions aren’t carefully monitored and the fluid drips too quickly, there’s a risk of fluid overload, affecting electrolyte balances and damaging the kidneys, brain, and heart. The same goes with receiving too much of a specific vitamin or mineral that can increase the risk of adverse effects. For example, people with kidney disease cannot quickly remove certain electrolytes and minerals from the body.
Additionally, a heart attack might be possible when adding too much potassium too quickly. People with certain heart or blood pressure conditions can also risk fluid overload from the infusion itself. Overall, excessive levels of vitamins and minerals can be hard on the organs and should be avoided.
The Bottom Line
Vitamin injections are injected directly into the bloodstream, which allows the body to utilize 100% of the nutrients. At Atelier Aesthetic Clinique, they offer Vitamin Injections such as B12, Vitamin D, and MIC Complex Injections to help improve health and wellness. Ultimately, Atelier Aesthetic provides a wide range of procedures and treatments to meet individual needs and takes pride in making its patients look and feel they are the very best.